The Australasian Masters Cycling Championships
Terms and Conditions
A three race individual championships for masters riders. We will recognised UCI Age Groups for man and women in our event next year, they are:
Master 1 35-39 years
Master 2 40-44 years
Master 3 45-49 years
Master 4 50-54 years
Master 5 55-59 years
Master 6 60-64 years
Master 7 65-69 years
Master 8 70+ years
Depending on number of entries and logistics for the criterium and road races championships, some grades will have to race as one bunch but riders will race against riders of their own age group. Races will be:
Race One: 35 to 39 and 40 to 44
Race Two: 45 to 49 and 50 to 54
Race Three: 55 to 59 and 60 to 64
Race Four: 65 to 69 and 70 plus
This apply to both man and women.
Rules of championships
- Hill Climb Championships – The fastest time in each grade will be the Australasian Master Hill Climb Champion. The first three place getters in each grade will receive medals.
- Criterium Championships - the first rider across the line in each grade will be the Australasian Master Criterium Champion. The first three place getters in each grade will receive medals.
- Road Races Championships – The first rider across the line in each grade will be the Australasian Master Road Cycling Champion. The first three place getters in each grade will receive medals.
- Points will be awarded to individuals at all races as follows:
- To the first ten place-getters in each grade ie; 25, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 9, 8.
- The Overall Australasian Master Cycling Champion - At the conclusion of all three championships, the rider with most points in each grade will be the Overall Australasian Master Cycling Champion.
- In the event of two or more riders equal on points, the winner of the respective grade shall be the rider with the fastest time in the individual hill climb championships.
- The Overall Australasian Master Cycling Champion will received the Australasian Masters Champion jersey.
- To be eligible riders must compete in all 3 events.
- Entries shall be made online via the Enter on line.
- Entry is set at $60 per rider in the hill climb championships, $80 per rider in the criterium and road race. Enter three races and get a 12% discount!’ ‘All prices are in New Zealand Dollars and include GST’.
- A servir provider booking fee applies.
- Entries close on Friday 3rd April 2020.
- Late entries - there will be no late entries.
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- All entry fees must be paid at the time of entering.
- Lost timing transponders will be invoiced at $50.
- Competition will be conducted under BikeNZ/UCI road racing rules.
- The rider understands that competing in the event involves cycling on public roads used by other people and traffic, and is aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include but are not limited to: condition of competitor’s equipment, road surfaces, vehicle traffic, actions of competitors, spectators, organiser’s personnel, weather conditions, hypothermia and heat exhaustion. In the rider’s judgment he/she has sufficient competence and experience to participate safely.
- The rider will follow the course set out and abide by the road rules at all times.
- The rider will wear their designated race number without modification.
- The rider, team management, or supporters will follow the rules and instructions given to him/her by race officials. Failure to do so may lead to him/her being eliminated from the event.
- The rider acknowledges that the organiser reserves the right to alter the advertised course or start time if conditions warrant. The organisers may make variations on the series conditions for specific races for safety and other reasons as may be required to hold the event.
- The rider consents to receive any medical treatment that may be deemed necessary in the event of injury, accident or illness during the event, and allows the sharing of medical information to be passed to race organizers to ensure rider safety is paramount.
- The rider authorises the use of his/her name, voice and picture and any information provided by him/her on the entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, promotion or advertising, and he/she also agrees that the information he/she has provided may be used by the organiser for the purpose of promoting future or other events, for the promotion of race sponsors products and services.
- The Race Organisers, BikeNZ, Race Officials, Race Sponsors (major and subsidiary) shall not be liable for any damage, injury, illness, loss of property or accident caused to (or by) any person or object. Competitors and officials by starting and attending the 2020 Australasian Masters Cycling Championships, do so at their own risk (as per BikeNZ rules) and imply their acceptance of this condition and absolve the race organisation of liability.
- Should the rider not use the correct transponder or ride without the designated transponder then they may not be allocated a time or result for that race.